WordPress Plugin Installation
If you have purcahsed the pro version of the ‘YouTube Live Stream & Chat Auto Embed Plugin‘ download the latest version via your ‘Account Dashboard‘.
Login to your WordPress admin then navigate to the ‘Add New Plugin‘ page and click ‘Upload Plugin‘ a box will pop up asking you to select a file on your computer, find and select the downloaded plugin zip file, click ‘Install‘ then ‘Activate‘.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin you will need visit the admin page (Settings/Go Live) and enter a unique YouTube API Key to enable the plugin.
Then copy & paste the following shortcode into a page, post or widget: [go-live]
YouTube API Key Guide (Required)
- Login with your Google account at https://console.developers.google.com
- Click the create a ‘New Project‘ button.
- You will be asked to enter a project name. (enter your website name) then click ‘Create‘.
- Wait to a few moments while the project is generated, check the notification bell (top right).
- Once generated go to your account dashboard https://console.developers.google.com/apis/dashboard
- Select your project in the drop-down box at the top of the page, then click ‘ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES‘.
- You will be redirected to the API Libarary page. Scroll down and click on ‘YouTube Data API v3 ‘.
- You will be redirected to the ‘YouTube Data API v3’ page. Click ‘ENABLE‘.
- You will then be redirected to the ‘YouTube Data API v3’ stats page. Click ‘Credentials‘ (left menu).
- You will then see a button ‘Create Credentials‘ click and select ‘API Key‘.
- Copy and paste the YouTube API Key to the plugins admin page then click close. All done!
Google Client ID Guide (HTTPS Sites) – (Only required to enable clickable like/dislike buttons)
- Login with your Google account details https://console.cloud.google.com/home/dashboard
- Click on ”Create New Project“.
- Enter a name for the New Project (your website name). Then click ‘Create‘.
- You will redirected back to the dashboard. Wait for a few moments while the project is generated, check the notification bell (top right).
- Once the project has generated click the notification bell and click on the projects name, you will be redirected to the projects dashboard.
- Click “APIs & Services” on the left, you will be redirected to the API page.
- Click “ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES” at the top of the page, you will be redirected to the “Welcome to the API Library” page.
- Scroll down the page and click on “YouTube Data API v3“. you will be redirected to the “YouTube Data API v3” page.
- Click on the “ENABLE” button, you will be redirected to the selected API page.
- Click on “Create Credentials” right of the page, you will be redirected to the “Add credentials to your project” page.
- You will be asked 3 questions;
A) Which API are you using? = YouTube Data API v3
C) What data will you be accessing? = User Data
Then click “the blue button” to continue to step 2: Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID.
D) Name? (Default ‘Web client 1‘) Change this to your website name
F) Authorised redirect URIs? https://www.YOURWEBISTE.com/oauth2callback
Then click “the blue button” to continue to step 3: Set up the OAuth 2.0 consent screen.
G) Email address? (Default your email address selected)
H) Product name shown to users? (Your website name)
Then click “the blue button” to continue to step 4: Download credentials.
I) You will now see your Google Client ID Code. No need to click the download button.
- Copy and paste the Google Client ID somewhere safe. Then click “Done“.
- You will now need to click on the “Domain verification” tab, then click “Add domain“.
- Enter your website address in the popup box: https://www.YOURWEBISTE.com
- You will then be asked to “Verify ownership” in a new pop up, click “TAKE ME THERE”. You will be redirected to the “Webmaster Central” page.
- Click the “ADD A PROPERTY” button.
- Enter your website address: www.YOURWEBISTE.com (without the https:// part). Then click “ADD DOMAIN“. You will be redirected to the “Verification Method” page.
- You will be asked to select your “Domain name provider“, select your provider and follow the onscreen instructions. If not listed scroll down to the very bottom and select “Other“.
- Add the TXT record shown to the DNS configuration for your website. (This is done via your website service provider’s website where you manage your website’s hosting, if you are unsure you will need to contact your service provider directly for assistance).
- Once you have added the above details, click “VERIFY“. (It could take 24 hours before your DNS configuration records update, you may need to come back to this step later)
- When you have successfully verified your website enter the Google Client ID into the plugins admin page and click save.
- All Done! Visitors to your website will now have the option to like/dislike videos directly from your site.